Wine pairing dinners are extraordinary events which allow attendees to consume fascinating dinners while enjoying amazing stories among fellow food & wine lovers! The evening usually starts with a reception hour where appetizers & the host venue’s wines are presented to attendees who are socializing with one another. The focus of the dinner and wine pairings vary depending on the host venue’s approach to creating the experience & who’s going to be presenting the food & wine. Such as:
- Chef discusses what does a six course meal consist of
- Chef illustrates 7 course french classical menu with wine
- Chef shares how many course meals are there in a wine dinner
- Chef talks about recipes that go with red wine or meals that go with white wine
- Sommelier discusses the significance of how the wines pair with the food
- Sommelier shares wine dinner party ideas
- Sommelier tells stories of an italian wine dinner
- Wine director discusses what to wear to a wine pairing dinner
- Wine director illustrates the 5 course dinner menu with wine pairings
- Wine director talks about which dessert wines pair with the entree main course dessert
- Winemaker discusses the best appetizer wines to pair with food
- Winemaker shares knowledge of the wines as they are being paired with the food
- Winemaker tells stories about his experience in managing the winery
Pair Reception’s Wine Dinner Calendar features a listing of wine pairing dinners located in San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, Sonoma County, & more!
Each dinner within the calendar includes the month, day, year, title & location of the event. Some of the dinner and wine pairings will be held at wineries while others will be at restaurants. Many venues have not finalized their wine dinner events so check Pair Rec’s dinner calendar post often for updates! If the wine dinners are sold out, request to be on their waiting list! They often have last minute cancellations. Please make sure to note any seating requests, dietary restrictions or allergies when making your reservation! Call in advance for large groups! Sometimes wines & entrees are subject to change based on availability! Make sure the venue has all of your necessary information, such as:
- Children you may bring
- Dietary restrictions
- Full name
- Number of people in your party
- Phone number with area code
And any other information that you feel would be necessary to enhance your experience. Also, if you’re unable to attend, as a courtesy to the organizers, provide them with a cancellation notice so that others on the waiting list could attend!
Questions you should ask wine dinner organizers:
- Are there any other details I should know?
- Do you allow well-behaved dogs at the wine dinner?
- Do you host private events?
- Do you take reservations for larger parties?
- How do I make a reservation?
- How many people attend your events?
- If the host venue is at a restaurant of a celebrity chef, will the celebrity chef be present?
- Is parking available? If so, where is it located?
- Is there a waitlist for sold out events?
- Is shuttle transportation available?
- Is valet service offered?
- What if I have tickets but I can’t attend the wine dinner?
- What if it rains, if the dinner event is outdoors?
- What is the appropriate attire?
- What is the cancellation policy?’
- What is the specific address of the event site?
- What should I wear to the event?
- When will I receive directions to your event and other important information about the event?
- Will I be able to see a copy of the menu before I arrive at the dinner?
- Will there be any entertainment?
- Will there be notifications for any changes to the wine dinner?
- You have a great idea for an event location. How can you let them know?
And any other questions you think of that could enhance your experience!
Although we strive to ensure that our data is accurate, please check with the host venue to confirm title, date & location information!
Here’s some good advice from a reviewer on TripAdvisor: “Many of the dinners that are actually held at the wineries are limited to club members and/or are not publicized that much (if at all) since they sell out well in advance with many attendees making it a point to go year after year. By the time word gets out to the general public, many of these dinners have sold out.”
View Pair Rec’s Wine Calendar Dinners for the following regions:
- Dinner with white wine in Nevada
- Discover different wines for different foods in Indiana
- Easy food and wine pairings in New Hampshire
- Explore which wine for which food in Massachusetts
- Find a wine pairing dinner in Arizona
- Investigate a wine pairing restaurant in the District of Columbia
- Locate a pairing dinner in North Carolina
- Napa Valley food
- Red wine dinner pairings in California
- Seek out great wine pairings in Kansas
- Sonoma Country wine dinners
- Stumble upon wine pairing menu ideas in New York
- Wine accompaniments in Michigan
- Wine and dinner pairings in Minnesota
- Wine and meal pairings in Florida
- Wine dinners near me in California
- Wine and dinner pairings in Illinois
- Winery events near me in Washington
Pair Reception also provides website quick links to other activities for greater enhancement to your life:
- American River bicycle trail in Sacramento County, CA, USA
- Calendar of best wine for dinner pairings in Sonoma County, California, USA
- Distant Cellars winemakers dinner photos
- Joyce Vineyards winemakers dinner photos
- Miners Ravine trail in Roseville, CA, USA
- Pair Reception’s facebook page for discovering the amazing food with wine pairing dinners
- Pair Receptions’s events page where you can get an idea of what the experience would be like to attend these amazing wine dinners, food & wine pairing events and more!
- Pair Rec’s facebook page group on sharing food pairing with wine with other groups
- Pair Rec Channel for viewing raw video footage of San Francisco, California, USA
- Pair Rec’s informative free newsletter to easily acquire these powerful benefits in wine country:
- Barrel sampling
- Discount promotions on wine
- Food & wine pairing events
- Wine releases
And much more!
- Placer County featuring the top tourist cities of Auburn, North Lake Tahoe & Roseville
- Ravenswood Winery Sonoma photos of wine makers dinner